- Changes to the role of the presidency
- The media and partisanship
- Increased politicization of the Supreme Court
- How have congressional elections changed over time?
- How has the position of Speaker of the House changed over time?
John Dickerson tells us about how congressional elections have changed, becoming more closely associated with the incumbent president's performance in office. John Dickerson is co-host of CBS This Morning. He was previously CBS News' Chief Washington Correspondent, Political Director and anchor of Face The Nation. Dickerson is also a contributor to Slate's Political Gabfest and to The Atlantic. During the 2016 presidential campaign, Dickerson moderated CBS News' two presidential debates. Prior to CBS, Dickerson was Slate Magazine's Chief Political correspondent and covered politics for twelve years for Time magazine.