- Introduction to Indonesia
- Borobudur (Świątynia-wzgórze)
- A Cache of Buddhist figures from the Sambas Treasure
- Buddha Vairocana in Vajryana Buddhism
- Introduction to puppet theater (wayang) of Indonesia
- Indonesian rod puppets (wayang golek)
- Amir Hamzah, uncle of the Prophet Muhammad, spreader of Islam, and hero of the Serat Menak
Indonesian rod puppet (wayang golek) performances are a kind of blessing bestowed on special events such as circumcisions, weddings, celebrations of the ancestors, and other rites of passage and public events. The performers may be hired by an individual or a family holding a life cycle ceremony, or by an entire village. A performance is meant to engage all members of the community. Puppet Master Kathey Foley discusses the charcter types associated with Indonesian rod puppets. Learn more about the puppet theater of Indonesia. Stworzone przez: Asian Art Museum.